- 3/4 cup (175 mL) skim milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) quick-cook oats
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Dash ground cinnamon or cardamom
- 1 small banana, preferably frozen
ADD-INS: (Choose only one! Optional, for extra sweetness!)
- 1 tbs Nut butter of choice
- 3 tbs unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbs of honey/agave nectar
Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix up until desired consistency! Drink 30-60 min before your workout for added energy and protein to help keep your muscles from fatiguing quickly so you can power through your workout! The added carbs from the oats make this a great smoothie to make before your Cardio days!
Serves one. 350 calories, 19 g protein, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 g carbohydrates, 7 g fibre, 6 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium
Thanks to Rachel, the General Manager at our Sachse Results Fitness for Women, for this great recipe!